Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > Europe Cars > BMW e90 DME coding not completing
BMW e90 DME coding not completing

1110 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2021-01-28 21:31:22

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2021-01-26 15:30:40
    Hi! Trying to code new DME to e90, when reach the last step as "delete fault codes" and asking for the terminal change ,function stuck at that stage and won't complete task. Tried to send 2 times data logging but got no answer back from Autel support. Anyone has/had the same issue before?
    Maxisys elite
    Thanks

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2021-01-26 15:44:45 (Reply to:)

As pre requisites , Do you have an active update subscription, strong internet connection, a battery maintainer connected to battery, the tablet Blue tooth is turned off , you are using the correct provided USB cable to the Maxi Flash Elite Tablet, and said a Hail Mary to a Mercedes? 

•   Level 1   
    (8) points

2021-01-26 16:07:53 (Reply to:witsend)
    Hi! Yes. Subscription is up to date,active,internet is good,before coding/programming
    scantool download the required information, battery charger connected strong
    constant minimum 13volts while processing, j2534 device is connected with USB
    cable,cable is original,Bluetooth turned off. Had the same issue before on other BMW
    but when I sent data logging a day later miraculously problem solved and could able to
    success coding/progmingDME.

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2021-01-26 19:03:57 (Reply to:)

Hope you get it figured out. Upselling aftermarket Programming/ coding upgrades on these vehicles unless I am slamming a used salvage yard ECU in a Low Budget beater that has a bad one or something absolutely necessary to try and fix an obvious issue relating to a TSB is something I think I would try to abstain from due to potential issues that can arise and waste a ton of my  time trying to resolve them. 

•   Level 2   
    (27) points

2021-01-27 19:16:09 (Reply to:)

Please recheck your BSU as when I normally program with my ISTA 13v is too low and
    programing would have stopped. Your BSU needs to he 13.8v and I would say min 60A
    I use a 120A supply but you would probably get away with the 60A for most tasks.
    May not be your specific problem but it is a big problem to most technicians who use
    a charger instead of a BSU (battery support unit)

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2021-01-28 21:31:22 (Reply to:)

Battery chargers are NO GOOD for programming. They bleed WAY too much AC voltage
    through them. Look at that voltage with a labscope while running a battery charger and
    you will not believe it! You are way safer starting another car and running jumper
    cables if you have no good power supply. I'm surprised that you never had problems
    programming with a charger. Even a jumper box is better.
  Total1 Pages